Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Tonight we finally took the time to decorate our home for the holidays. I love getting out decorations and ornaments - it's like rediscovering old friends. It was so fun finding things like the "black babies" Chase was so proud to sell as a fundraiser years ago, the stocking that I sewed for Aaron our first Christmas together (and sewed THROUGH my finger with my mom's sewing machine), the stocking I knit for myself two years ago (my nightmarish first attempt at using double-pointed needles), the handpainted-from-the-inside ornaments in velvet boxes that Pasha and Lubov give me each year, the pottery barn star bowl from Heather, all of the jewelry boxes Mom gives Jen, Lenyse, and I every year, the kissing ball that always gives me an extra excuse to give Aaron a smooch as we pass in the hallway...and the list goes on and on.

I hope you enjoy this collection of our holiday memories!

No comments: