Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008

From October 12...
We had so much fun at the Powell Pumpkin Patch. It was way far away - down by Louisburg - but it was a beautiful fall afternoon and we had so much fun picking out pumpkins for each of us (even Aggie!)
Funny story, we got there and realized we had no cash, no checkbook, only debit cards. I got out of the car to ask if they accepted debit cards and the lady working just laughed and said "We don't have electricity out here!" I let her know we'd just driven 45 minutes and were very excited to visit, and she said "Just give me your address, I'll give you my address, and we'll catch up. Pick out whatever you'd like and take it home." Do you know anyone who would do that for a complete stranger? What a blessing! We are going to make this trip an annual tradition!

No comments: