Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aidan Gets a Pony, v.1

Miss Heather and I always talk about good behavior by saying, "I'm going to buy him a pony for that." Basically, we're not above blatant bribary and once we hit up the imaginary money tree in each of our backyards, we'll go on a spending spree to spoil our little buggers rotten.

So to celebrate any fabulousness that he exhibits, I'm starting a new section called "Aidan Gets a Pony." (Note: the opposite behaviors will be included in the "I'm Selling Him to the Natives" posts...)

Case in point: Today, Aidan and I went to the mall. I needed some new exfoliant, wanted to check out the baby clothes at Nordstrom, look at t-shirts at Eddie Bauer, and perhaps pick out a new lip gloss. Aidan was napping and totally content in his stroller, so I took my chances.

I didn't find anything at Nordstrom (except a really cute pair of shoes for myself, which I'll write about in another post) so we made our way toward the Bare Escentuals store for lip gloss. Halfway there, I noticed a line of people in GameStop and immediately knew why they were there. Wii Fit! While I was pregnant, I decided my post-pregnancy workouts would include either Wii Fit or Dance Dance Revolution, since we're going to let our gym membership expire. We've been looking for Wii Fit for several weeks now, and it seems to be as popular as the Wii consoles themselves! And as always, as soon as I know I can't have something, I immediately want it MORE.

To make a long story short (OK, less long), the store was expecting six sets of Wii Fit and I was sixth in line at 11:45am. The shipment was expected by noon, so it was no big deal for Aidan to hang out for a few minutes.

A few minutes became almost two hours - at 1:30pm, the shipment finally arrived, and Aidan didn't make a peep the entire time! What a good baby. NOW you know why I'm buying him a pony!

No comments: