Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wii are out of shape

So continuing on my previous post, we are now the proud owners of a Wii Fit.
We hooked it up tonight after dinner at Grammy's house and started setting up our profiles.

According to the Wii, I am in the "overweight" category (DUH) and my Wii Fit age is 45. Ouch.
Aaron is also in the "overweight" category...barely, but the Wii is smoking crack on that one...and his Wii Fit age is 40.

I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. For one, I have thyroid disease which makes weight loss pretty difficult. But really, I like to eat and hate to exercise.

Because of my gestational diabetes, I really watched what I ate during my pregnancy and gained 2 pounds total. Since leaving the hospital, I can thank the gift of breastfeeding for helping me lose almost 40 pounds. Really, I can't take credit. But I will take it and run to the mall, because most of my pre-pregnancy clothes are too big!

The cool thing about Wii Fit is that you can set goals for yourself and it will help you track them. I am all about lists and tracking (just take a look at the clipboard we keep in the diaper bag to track Aidan's "input" and "output") so I think this will help.

By my estimation, I have 36 more pounds to lose. I've broken it up into four goals - eleven pounds, ten pounds, ten pounds, and the last five pounds. I'm setting rewards for myself because I like an excuse to get presents! My first present will be these cuties, after losing eleven pounds. (These are the shoes I found at Nordy's today but decided to make myself work for them rather than buying them right away.)

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

neece300 said...

Totally cute shoes!!! Our friends have several of the Keen brand shoes and absolutely LOVE every pair they own. You go girl! :)