Thursday, June 19, 2008

Welcome to the World

...a continuation from Monday night's post...

When Aaron and I went to sleep Monday night at the hospital, I started having pretty severe back pain. I figured it was just because the bed I was in was terribly uncomfortable...anyway, I got a heating pad which would give me about 10 minutes of relief at a time. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep.AT.ALL.

Tuesday morning, we started things bright and early at 6am. My pain was severe enough - the "back pain" was back LABOR and I was also having "normal" contractions - that the doctor on call went ahead and broke my water at 6:30am, and called in the anesthesiologist to administer the magical miracle epidural. After that Godsend, they administered the pitocin at about 7:30am. Luckily by that time, I was feeling no pain at all and all was well with the world. At 10am I started pushing and at 11:17am, our precious Aidan Dean entered the world. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces and is 21 inches long. He is the spitting image of his daddy and has the longest fingers and toes we've ever seen! His head full of thick hair is the same color as mine when I was born, with shades of red, and red eyelashes and eyebrows.

Aidan is such a wonderful baby. He has been a good eater from the start and charmed the pants off of everyone at the hospital. I'll continue to post more stories and photos, but wanted to catch everyone up on how he entered the world. Thanks so much for your patience!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! Does it get cuter than a beautiful newborn in a KU hat? Love ya, Katie

neece300 said...

You're home! Now the fun begins! :)

Love, Lenyse

ckatz said...

Thank you for posting such a lovely slideshow. Aidan is just beautiful and you look radiant! I'll see you soon.

Love,
Carlyn

Heather Mayfield said...

(sniffle) Awww.. Baby Aidan. (sniffle. Wipe tears.) Yum. I think I'll watch it again to delay my need to camp out on your porch.

XOXO,
Heather

Brandi said...

Ahhh he is beautiful!! Could do w/out the KU hat :) but perfect otherwise..can't wait to come visit him!! Take care,
Brandi